January 5, 2011 § Leave a comment
1. What did you do in 2010 that you’d never done before?
– travelled the country by bus, took university in a province outside my own (twice! Quebec and BC!), Moved out, saw a wild rat, (Alberta is ‘rat free’), saw a drag show and went to a gay bar, went to Dim Sum, Billeted a Katima-victim, .. much more!
2. Did you keep your New Year’s Resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
Can’t remember too well what my resolutions were but I will be making some for this year. I’m pretty sure i had the usual ‘do well in school and exercise’ thing and that failed quite a lot.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
Sadly no, my cousin had two miscarriages but she is officially pregnant and at the “Viable if born now” stage!
4. Did anyone close to you die?
My great Uncle Ray, Uncle to my dad. I saw him on his final trip to see the family when he went off chemo.
5. What countries did you visit?
Only Canada, though in Canada I visited five countries in one go for three months!
6. What would you like to have in 2011 that you lacked in 2010?
Focus, a plan, confidence in the future. More of a head for money (like not losing it when i have it and not having to use a food bank)
7. What dates from 2010 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
June 22 – Celebrating Jonathans birthday is up to now my most succesful and fun night drinking. (i dont have a taste for alcohol and either don’t or throw up very early due to taste)
June 26 – My first day in Trois Rivieres, entered university with a stitched toe, celebrated my birthday a day late due to cutting it, was given a wheelchair and had a countdown to not speaking english for 5 weeks.
March 22 – Shaved my head with Lexi! We raised +$4000!
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Solidifying my relationship with my best friend Morgan. Two months beside eachother on the greyhound bus and we still love eachother!
Also, the cancer fundraiser in dedication for my Sister overcoming a year of cancer.
9. What was your biggest failure?
lack of focus in school and health. Not controlling my emotions.
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
almost cut my toe off, twice dislocated my shoulder, heat stroke.
11. What was the best thing someone bought you?
My parent’s help in money bought me residence, tuition and food. Kat bought me a lovely shoulder bag i use everyday now, also inr esidence some of my residents bought me a box of coconut milk fudgsicles labeled ‘for Anna and other starving Vegans” the month i had no food.
12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
My boyfriend and Morgan for putting up with my nonsense so much, i owe them big. Also those who helped me out when i was confused or in need. Strangers lending taxi money, residents giving me food and hugs, a lady in thunder bay gave morgan and I muffins, many people took care of morgan and i on our journey across the country.
13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
Some new residents sometimes. I mostly found my true friends through Katimavik and the year after so i’m solid now.
14. Where did most of your money go?
Trip across Canada, Tuition, Res fees, food. in that order. I got completely broke a few times, now overlimit on visa and waiting for my next student loan.
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
Shaving my head, Billeting Katima-Skyler, Travelling, Victoria, Harry Potter, Exams to be over!
16. What song will always remind you of 2010?
Old Quebecois songs for sure that i learned in trois-rivieres, If your dad doesn’t have a beard – The Beards. Any Wizard Rock Songs discovered in November.
17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
a) happier or sadder? a month ago i’d say way sadder. I’m positive i’m a lot happier in two days than i was last year.
b) fatter or skinnier? Same, but a huge loss in muscle mass sadly.
c) richer or poorer? Poooooorer. My job doesn’t pay 😦
18. What do you wish you’d done more of?
Getting out and exploring. Honing new Friendships.
19. What do you wish you’d done less of?
20. How did you spend Christmas?
With my entire Family on Christmas eve and extended family on christmas evening. Lots of Family events before then.
21.Did you fall in love in 2010?
Fell in and out of love with many things and people. Did a lot of thinking over the holidays and feel a lot more confident about it all.
22. How many one night stands?
Zero unless you count my boyfriend falling asleep on skype all the time. 🙂
23. What was your favorite TV program?
Big Bang Theory, How i met your mother.
24. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year?
25. What was the best book you read?
Da Vinci Code! Loved it, thought it was absolutely brilliant.
26. What was your greatest musical discovery?
Tally Hall, went to a lot more Kronic Groove Band shows, a few french bands i need to pick up on again.
27. What did you want and get?
Travelling experiance with my best friend. Actual Boyfriend/Girlfriend dating time with my boyfriend. (got it in trois riviered for 5 weeks. Now i haven’t seen him in 5 months)
28. What did you want and not get?
A chance to go to the Maritimes. A chance to see the fesitivities of St Jean Baptiste in Quebec City.
29. What was your favorite film of this year?
Le Grande Seduction, HP7, Toy Story 3.
30. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
20 years old. I stepped in a hole and cut my toe, woke up morgans friend who works long hours and had already crashed that morning. Went to the hospital 45 minutes away and got stitches. Sat on the couch with my best friend and boyfriend watching Kickass on a laptop.
31. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
Spending more time with Jason.
32. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2010?
Not-a-care attitude. A lot of baggy shirts and sweatpants. I really just stopped caring.
33. What kept you sane?
Morgan, Jason, Lexi. Pywacket the first half of the year, the internet the second half.
34. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
Mado was pretty awesome in Montreal. Not so impressed on Justin Bieber though i congratulate him on following his dreams. hmm… can’t really think of any, i learned more about JK Rowling though and i think her story is amazing!
35. What political issue stirred you the most?
BP Oil spill. Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.
36. Who do you miss?
Everyone who I am not near.
37. Who was the best new person you met?
38. What was the best thing you ate?
hmmm… Dim sum was weiird, but i liked some stuff there, I had some amazing food at Makyees a few time i loved! (like chinese dessert balls), cafe bliss downtown Victoria has some amazing raw gluten free vegan stuff that is delectable! same with Gratitude Cafe in Kensington Calgary. Ooo! I would say the Vegetarian Combo Plate I had in Little India, Toronto.
39. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2010.
Taking initiative to do what you want makes all the difference. If it’s worth the experience – spend the money, you can always earn it back and the experience is worth a lifetime.
My year in Facebook Status’