2011 – DONE
December 31, 2011 § Leave a comment
1. What did you do in 2011 that you’d never done before?
– had wisdom tooth and shoulder surgery, went to New York, signed lease/pay rent, competed in the Quidditch World Cup, Whistled
2. Did you keep your New Year’s Resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
Still no. The grades must get better, and it’ll still be my resolution this year. My resolution to fix my emotions came through though
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
Yup! My cousin Nathan had his second baby boy Henry, and my cousin Katrina had her first child Rowan!
4. Did anyone close to you die?
My cat Pywacket
5. What countries did you visit?
New York City in the US
6. What would you like to have in 2012 that you lacked in 2011?
Drive. Balance. Focus.
7. What dates from 2010 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
Reading Week in the Spring going to Parksville to Rave and have a blast. Vancouver and Parksville trip before the start of the fall semester, hanging with Scott, Jocelyn, Bradley, Riley, and the Naimi Roys. Quidditch Rookie Party, Halloween and Victory Party, Reading Week in the Fall going to New York for Quidditch.
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Overcoming depression, solidifying the ‘family’ of the quidditch team
9. What was your biggest failure?
Miscommunication with some friends, failure in school
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
dislocated my shoulder 3 more times ending with surgery
11. What was the best thing someone bought you?
Parents paid for way too much for me this year, including school and rent and new york
12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
This year my circles of friends changed and i love the way they are. My friends seth, jocelyn and jesse have been great listening ears, and honest friends who i love. I think the quidditch team this year earned major props for their ability to bond with people they’d never expect to, to talk about their feelings, and laugh at their shame, all to finally work as a team.
13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
I had a friend react in a way i didn’t expect and it made a tear in our friendship
14. Where did most of your money go?
Tuition, Rent, Quidditch
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
Vancouver-Parksville trip and New York mostly
16. What song will always remind you of 2011?
Barbara Streisand by Duck Sauce, Make a man out of you from Mulan, Skrillex, and any songs written by my island friends this year
17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
a) happier or sadder? insurmountably way happier
b) fatter or skinnier? Same
c) richer or poorer? Poooooorer. Unemployment sucks
18. What do you wish you’d done more of?
Working to earn my own keep instead of relying on parents
19. What do you wish you’d done less of?
Making Drama for myself
20. How did you spend Christmas?
At my parents new condo, and in bragg creek. Spent the week with family coming in and out, special guest appearances from my van island cousins.
21.Did you fall in love in 2011?
Fell out of love with one and in love with many. The future is bright
22. How many one night stands?
23. What was your favorite TV program?
24. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year?
25. What was the best book you read?
26. What was your greatest musical discovery?
Friends in Victoria: Seth, Jesse, Jackson, Josiah
27. What did you want and get?
Real Emotions instead of depression, Confidence, Bonding with friends
28. What did you want and not get?
A Job, student loans
29. What was your favorite film of this year?
30. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
Went to the cabin with close friends to turn 21, Drank, played settlers, span poi, swam in waterfalls and shot fireworks
31. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
Not being shoulder-gimped
32. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2011?
Confident, Tank girl-esque, Different
33. What kept you sane?
Quidditch peeps and Island friends
34. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
Joey Richter, Alex Benepe
35. What political issue stirred you the most?
Occupy Wall Street
36. Who do you miss?
Morgan and Lexi when i’m in Victoria, Folks still living up island
37. Who was the best new person you met?
The entire Quidditch Team
38. What was the best thing you ate?
Stuffed Portabello mushrooms
39. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2011.
It gets better, if it’s not better try to change your life around till it is, Show your true self, No shame, No regrets, Don’t worry about it.