January 2, 2013 § Leave a comment
1. What did you do in 2011 that you’d never done before?
– Jumped out of a plane for a solo parachute jump.
2. Did you keep your New Year’s Resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
Not at all, my resolutions were to get better grades and i ended up dropping school for the year. On the plus side, my panic and anxiety attacks have been better controlled than ever and without any meds.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
My brother and his fiance had their first child Harrison! My first nephew, my parents first grandchild.
4. Did anyone close to you die?
Not any person this year, though the Katimavik program died, and was a huge shock.
5. What countries did you visit?
6. What would you like to have in 2013 that you lacked in 2012?
Motivation, Determination, Persistance.
7. What dates from 2012 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
March 27 for my first nephew being born. August 31 for my brothers wedding on top of Kicking Horse Mountain. May 5 having Cinco de Mayo with Riley and Joey and becoming moonworshippers in ponchos. Christmas this year being the first christmas i brought a partner home, and it being a wonderful holiday back home.
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Finding someone I can see a future with for the first time, having the best support and motivation alongside me.
9. What was your biggest failure?
Dropping out of university.
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
god sick a few times, realized i’m lactose intolerant, scratched my cornea. Cracked my fibula.
11. What was the best thing someone bought you?
Necklace from my bf, for what it meant to me, successfully dating someone for a year.
12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
Johns, for what he’s had to put up this year, all the crazy antics and mood swings i’ve had, and for seriously motivating me to get better, and be a better person.
13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
14. Where did most of your money go?
Rent. Food. Living off unemployment and minimum wage.
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
Harrison, Going to Calgary with John, Jumping out of the plane.
16. What song will always remind you of 2012?
For once i don’t really know. Let’s say… weakerthans songs, anything that mentions Japan, and songs written by Fall Fair Car, Jackson Macdonald, and the Fresh Pots.
17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
a) happier or sadder? Way happier at this moment. and scared of how awesome this next year will be.
b) fatter or skinnier? Same
c) richer or poorer? Poooooorer. In debt. So much.
18. What do you wish you’d done more of?
Going to School. Socializing.
19. What do you wish you’d done less of?
20. How did you spend Christmas?
Went to Calgary on christmas eve, My sister hosted Christmas, John came in for christmas dinner, carbon for boxing day, Stayed at Katys house, partied at Frasers, hung out in Lake louise, at Morgans hot tubbing, and around the old neighbourhood.
21.Did you fall in love in 2012?
Yes. For real this time.
22. How many one night stands?
23. What was your favorite TV program?
24. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year?
Nope. But I hate Stephen Harper way more now.
25. What was the best book you read?
Story of B, My Ishmael, and Story of Progress.
26. What was your greatest musical discovery?
John, Jackson, Gold and Shadow.
27. What did you want and get?
Support, Stability in my emotions, less drama, a wonderful person to be with. Awesome roommates.
28. What did you want and not get?
A job for the longest time. A good job. Progress in school.
29. What was your favorite film of this year?
30. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
Went swimming with John, Riley and Seth. In the same week though I went to a friends party and she made me cupcakes. I hadn’t really planned anything for my 22nd.
31. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
Not panicking, and dropping out of school.
32. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2012?
Hate to say it, but Skrillex.
33. What kept you sane?
34. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
can’t think of any at the moment.
35. What political issue stirred you the most?
Stephen Harpers Omnibus budget bill and Enbridge’s Pipeline.
36. Who do you miss?
My family more and more in Calgary. Morgan and Lexi.
37. Who was the best new person you met?
38. What was the best thing you ate?
Fondue and Poutine.
39. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2012.
Sometimes giving up makes you more motivated to get it all back and doing even better. And nothing is more valuable than having one great supportive person during a hard time.