December 30, 2013 § Leave a comment
1. What did you do in 2013 that you’d never done before?
– Go to Europe, Ran a 10k race, got evacuated from my house due to natural disaster, go to seattle (first time in NW USA)
2. Did you keep your New Year’s Resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
I don’t even remember my resolutions but I dropped school (again), and my depression and anxiety were not in control this year at all so I’m guessing no? Though running 10k seemed like an accomplishment for resolutions. I’ll of course make new ones, at least for a month they make me pretty productive.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
My cousin Nathan had his third boy named Rex Sylvester! My Katimavik friend Lydia had a baby and my high school friend Megan had a baby too!
4. Did anyone close to you die?
Our family friend Gord died this year. He was always very sweet and also the first Santa Claus I remember meeting.
5. What countries did you visit?
France and Spain! 2 week trip to Europe! Also I drove the I-90 to Seattle for a week.
6. What would you like to have in 2014 that you lacked in 2013?
I would like more health in body and mind, and more goals and motivation. I would like something more to look forward to.
7. What dates from 2013 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
May 13 when I left for Europe for the first time, June 20 for the great Calgary flood coming and kicking my family out of their new homes, June 27 for Fraser and Kat’s Wedding, and this year being when John moved with me to Calgary making the move much easier.
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Keeping up a running clinic for four months and running a 10k race.
9. What was your biggest failure?
Dropping university AGAIN, and not having a job for 8 months. Generally losing sight of goals and motivations, and losing myself when I moved back home.
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
just a nasty flu/food poisoning mystery whatsit going around my house and roommates.
11. What was the best thing someone bought you?
My parents paid for my trip to Europe, which meant so much to me to travel with my sister and see new places and old art i’ve been dying to see. My brother in law took me to see cirque du soleil for the first time and in the VIP tent, and John continues to decorate me with ammonite and jellyfish earrings.
12. Whose behaviour merited celebration?
My sisters. She got cancer for the third time, but continued to be active in everyones lives as a positive and generous person, and looking at life with humour (no matter how she may look at it in her private moments) Spending more time with her and seeing her as a role model this year has helped me find new ways to shape my life around having depression and anxiety.
13. Whose behaviour made you appalled and depressed?
14. Where did most of your money go?
2 expensive fines from driving to seattle, the flood, unemployment, car accident.
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
Europe, Fraser’s wedding, John coming to live in Calgary
16. What song will always remind you of 2013?
Hell or High Water, the Joey Chaos ‘Polarizer’ Album, and a ton of radio pop songs.
17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
a) happier or sadder? Sadder. This year didn’t go at all how I’d hoped.
b) fatter or skinnier? a bit weaker and heavier i think
c) richer or poorer? Poooooorer. In debt. So much debt. It just keeps piling on.
18. What do you wish you’d done more of?
Making friends, working, going to school.
19. What do you wish you’d done less of?
Crying, feeling sorry for myself for no reason, feeling useless.
20. How did you spend Christmas?
Worked christmas eve but greeted at church like always at night, had christmas morning with parents, grandparents and some siblings, went to my aunts for extended family time and videochatted with my sister. Went to Carbon on boxing day and got to know my cousin Chelsea a bit more.
21.Did you fall in love in 2013?
Already was, and fell in more in love with my little nephew harrison as he turned from baby to toddler!
22. How many one night stands?
23. What was your favourite TV program?
Buffy the Vampire Slayer, My little Pony.
24. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year?
No, just floods.
25. What was the best book you read?
Cat’s Cradle, Hyerbole and a half, Watership down, Slaughterhouse five
26. What was your greatest musical discovery?
More Joey Chaos, i listened to a lot of top 40 on the radio for some reason but no great discoveries there.
27. What did you want and get?
28. What did you want and not get?
Same as last year, a job for way too long, progress in school, friends in calgary. Any idea of what i’d like to do in the future.
29. What was your favorite film of this year?
30. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
Tore down drywall in my room, kitchen, bathroom and basement. Cleaned up after the flood and ate cake a coworker of my Dads bought for me.
31. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
Not living with parents, not moving to calgary, katy not being sick. Any of those.
32. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2012?
eeny meeny miny mo? I tried a few new things but honestly had no idea how to put an outift together.
33. What kept you sane?
John, Family, pictures of cats, my friend Joey keeping in touch with me from the coast.
34. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
Hannah Hart, Lil’ Bub
35. What political issue stirred you the most?
Pipeline still, floods everywhere. I was fascinated and pleased with the new Pope Francis’ changes to the church.
36. Who do you miss?
Everyone on the coast sooo so much, i miss being social and feeling like I have friends.
37. Who was the best new person you met?
Some folks at community foods are pretty rad, but i really didnt meet any new friends or people this year.
38. What was the best thing you ate?
Food in France. It was so gooood.
39. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2013.
Sometimes everything goes wrong and it seems like your just going downhill. But you have to keep trying, for both yourself and others, and focusing on and helping others makes a big difference.